Nov 2, 2009 Computer and Internet
Notepad Sucks and so does Word Pad. We all know. If you hate openoffice.org for its writer because it’s too bulcky when all you want is to write something and print or program, then you will love these editors. Which one am I using ? the answer is at the last.
Enjoy these, all, free. And if you have that extra cash, you can always support the developers. Donate button can be found on most the site of most publishers.
Simple enough is what i look for in a program. And for programmers, which I am assuming you are, finding the one that highlights syntax, offers UNICODE support, and loads faster, remembers last worked on files and perhaps offers advance find and replace feature for bath files and allows you to work on multiple pages… and not to forget.. a program that shows line numbers are very important. Don’t you agree ? These do. Go grab one.
For Hardcore Programmers :
- Pspad - among the several free ones I’ve tried. This one has stayed longer on my system for it supports UNICODE directly on the page. WOW. Once I lost it but it was my mistake cause I forgot to select UNICODE at the settings for saving files. Works great and supports what others do, syntax highlight and what not and everything.
- Jedit - Simple and does what it’s designed to do, allow you to edit. You will love it as much as you would the other one.
- HTML Kit or Chami you have heard it enough. I have it on my system and editing HTML files is very easy. Has loads of plugin you can download. Hey, SPELL CHECK. I love it.
- Notepad ++ – I had a few issues but it could just be me. Try it, how simple and elegant this is and hey, you might love what I like.
Just plain text editing please but not the lousy notepad:
- Docpad - I call it wordpad plus notepad combined. It’s pretty cool. Try it for yourself.
- I am fan of nonags, are you ? Their listing is pretty cool. Check it out, Freeware Text Editors
Peace out !
p.s. let me know if you can’t find one. LOL !!